Friday, July 19, 2013

7.19.13

Today was another day of drawing blood all day long. You would think it would get old. It doesn't. Its still exhilarating. We had one whinny kid who threw a hissy fit for about an hour and a half. We had to take her blood and she wouldn't let us. She'd latched onto the benches outside with more passion than a hippie protecting an old tree from being torn down. I had to leave the room multiple times with her wailing. I just couldn't handle it. And the mother did nothing! Oh dear, so help me if my kid ever behaves that way.

I did find out something super embarrassing, though. I've been asking patients to put pressure on the place where I just took blood to avoid a "morredura". "Morredura"  means bite. The word for bruise is "morreton". No wonder I was getting so many funny looks!

This weekend I'm going sight seeing! I should have lots of fun stories to report :)

1 comment:

  1. se escribe "Mordedura" con una "r". al igual que "moreton" con una tambien. jaja. good try!

    ReplyDelete